We Are Truly Honored – Thank You!
On August 1st (2017), we start year 22 as a Retained Executive Search firm. Ken and Mary Abeln, co-founders with me (David Magy), actually set up our firm a month earlier – working on all of the business and legal requirements to start operating on August 1st. It has been a fantastic 21 years and we are excited about the future.
Our team (now Abeln, Magy, Underberg & Associates) has grown – in order of hire: Christi Thompson, Mary Lee Underberg, Rick Underberg and Debra Palmquist. We are truly a team – Debra, our newest colleague, has been with us almost 13 years.
A huge honor – and totally unexpected.
Abeln, Magy, Underberg & Associates was listed on Forbes list of Best Executive Recruiting Firms for 2017. See https://www.forbes.com/companies/abeln-magy-underberg-associates/. This was totally unexpected – we did not know we were being considered. Actually, we didn’t know that there was a list. We are #203 nationally. Why didn’t we know?
We were nominated.
For the toplists of "America’s Best Recruiting Firms," Statista and Forbes divided the broad field of recruitment firms into two main categories:
- Executive Search (specialized on permanent placement of executive positions with at least USD 100,000 income per year)
- Professional Search (specialized on permanent placement of professional and specialist positions up to USD 100,000 income per year)
The toplists in these two categories are based on three online surveys among:
- 18,000 external recruiters (peer review)
- 3,000 candidates/employees (with experience with recruitment firms within the last three years)
- 500 HR-managers (as clients of recruitment firms within the last three years)
The surveys took place between December 6, 2016 and February 7, 2017 with invitations sent by e-mail including a personalized link. Each interviewee could name up to ten recruitment firms per category, either with the help of a longlist with more than 4,000 recruitment firms (auto-fill option) or as a free nomination.
As we began this blog post – we are truly honored. Thank you!
As we are about to start year 22, we can’t thank you enough for allowing us to serve you. We look forward to working with all of you for years to come.